Another Hobby Blog

Friday, June 10, 2005

Works in Progress

Today I sent out a box filled with wonderful goodies to my Secret Pal. I hope she likes them!


And in today's mail, a box came with the fiber for my NWRSA Fiber Exchange project. Several weeks back, I sent off 8 ounces of prepped spinning fiber (some Finn roving that I dyed and carded. Alas, no pictures.) Which has gone off somewhere in the world to be lovingly spun and made into something. By whom, I have no clue. I must wait a year before I see it again in its completed state.

In exchange, I got someone else's 8 ounces of prepped spinning fiber (a black silk-merino blend) which I get to spin and make something out of over the next year. I am excited to begin, and have no idea whatsoever what I'll be making.



I finally got around to buying my own spinning wheel. I decided on a Lendrum double-treadle because it is reasonably priced, easy to travel with, and was quite enjoyable to use during the short test-runs I got to spend with it.

That means I'll get to return the spinning wheel I've been borrowing as soon as I finish the project it's currently set for. I am spinning some New Zealand wool that I carded. The batts are quite colorful, and I am getting a nice fingering weight yarn which I plan to weave (using it for both warp and weft), perhaps to make bags from. I'm not entirely sure yet.

I also got Clue 2 today for the Mystery Stole I'm working on!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home