Another Hobby Blog

Monday, April 24, 2006

Sockapaloooza: Plan C (and progress on Plan B)

My roommate Bethieee (bless her heart, I don't know whether this is proof that she loves me or mocks me! ...maybe both) came up with a Plan C for me, just in case I don't make the deadline with my Plan B socks.



So I do (..ahem..) "officially" have a pair of handknit socks that *could* go out to my sockpal. Unfortunately, they'd only fit a teddy bear.

If When I get the REAL socks done, maybe we'll keep this little pair for mementos on next year's holiday tree...

Which brings me to the topic of the progress on the Plan B socks:



It turns out I had to rip out the... Scared ya? .. fortunately not!

This is the cuff for the Second sock! yay!!! Nice, eh? :) Maybe just maybe I'll be able to finish this sock exchange in good standing despite the setbacks!! :)

And I did hear back from my recipient! She doesn't have 5 inch long feet after all!! on a re-measure, they came out to 9.5 inches long, which is good because that's about how long I made her sock, and she'd probably be frustrated if she had to fold 4.5 inches of sock toe under her feet every time she got dressed.

Wanna see the finished sock? eh? (nudge nudge) It's a beaut!...



A sneak peak at the *inside* :) ... I'll show the outsides later. ;)

Hugs all!

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 24, 09:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger Heide said…

    Very nice! Can't wait to see the outside of this. And the little socks are adorable. Did you have a pattern for those or did you just make it up? Happy knitting.

     
  • At Tue Apr 25, 02:56:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really like the colors of the sock! I too can't wait to see the outside.

     
  • At Sun Apr 30, 11:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bethieee said…

    I didn't use any particular pattern, they're pretty generic socks.
    Recipe:
    Cast on 24, p2k1 rib until bored, change color, stockinette until heel, change color, work heel on 12 stitches and turn, change color, work gusset with decreases every other row until 24 stitches remain, stockinette until long enough, change color, work toe with decreases every other row until 8 stitches remain, thread yarn through stitches and pull tight, weave in ends.
    And thus, in roughly just a few hours I had a baby sock. It took me a couple days to string together the time to make the other one and I have yet to make mine. (Peacock, her sock pal and I each get one!.. grin)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home