Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Week In Review

...or perhaps it's week in pre-view... or maybe it's month in re-view... or maybe it's just a summation of everything I thought I'd get around to writing about by now but still for some reason haven't managed to.

okay-here's the outline. (Some line items will be only a prompt to help me remember I want to write about them some day!)
  • 1- I will most likely have minimal computer time through this weekend. I may not get around to updating blogs or checking other blogs or even e-mail. Depends on a lot of things.
  • 2- .. but I do expect to be back next Monday evening. With MRI interpretation, even!! (My MRI results discussion appointment is scheduled for next Monday afternoon. If this weekend hadn't been a hectic one I could have scheduled a sooner appointment. As it is, I've waited this long.. I think I can wait until Monday! :)
  • 3- A lot of packages left our house yesterday. Amongst them:
  • Heidi's CactusBuckets prize
  • Laurie's CactusBuckets prize
  • Kelly's Spectrum Sock Yarn
  • Zann's little giftieee
  • Mia's thank you note
  • Jewel's SP7 thank-you box!
  • Trek's Flamingos contest prize (bethieee)
  • Vanessa's Flamingos contest prize (bethieee)
  • Karen's Spectrum Sock Yarn (bethieee) (got left behind yesterday-actually went out today)
They should be reaching you within a week.
We've had a bit of trouble keeping track of things since the knee injury (pain seems to diminish focus and concentration. hmmm... as does a disrupted schedule--which seems to have affected the entire household!)

So if Bethieee or I have made a committment to you that we've missed, PLEASE let us know! comment here or email (peacockschallenge at hotmail.com will do nicely) and we will set it aright. :)
  • 4- SockapalOOOza:

    The pattern is progressing nicely now, but I'm starting to get bored. Can you believe it?? .. the pattern has gotten familiar enough to me that it no longer takes all my concentration to follow the chart, but because it is colorwork I will never be able to knit along brainlessly or work it accurately in the dark. :P .. that's why my backup pair of socks is:

    (backup socks 1: Trekking)

    already at the heelflap. Progressing quickly, and brainless enough to keep me from getting bored. :) This is my waiting-room project, my stuck in traffic while a train passes project, my going-to-the-movies- knitting-in-the-dark project. All the times I wouldn't be able to work on the colorwork project anyway.

    (backup socks 2: Spectrum)
    still a just a ball of yarn.. but destined for the needles this weekend! It's so luscious and such a fab color that I just simply cannot wait. Good thing I have another set of sock needles!!!
  • 5- Tea Cozy and teapot (more later)
  • 6- Forearm crutches (more later)
  • 7- Pop-Up Paws (more later)
  • 8- Fingerless Driving Mitts


    For my Mom for Mother's Day. Shhhhh! Don't tell her. ;)
    And yes, I developed the pattern. :)
  • 9- Pysanky : I'll write more on the topic next week some time.


    Keithr designs an egg


    Finished pysanky almost ready to give away for Easter :)


    (A close-up--in Yellow-Orange colors for Project Spectrum: April)

12 Comments:

  • At Wed Apr 12, 05:50:00 PM PDT, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The eggs are beautiful.

     
  • At Wed Apr 12, 05:52:00 PM PDT, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    PS - Please change my name to my trek handle - I'd email you but I can't find an address for you - I never use my real name in the blogosphere. Thanks.

     
  • At Wed Apr 12, 07:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    I'm sorry! Of course. :) I'm on it at once.

     
  • At Wed Apr 12, 07:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Thanks, peacock!

     
  • At Thu Apr 13, 03:49:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow those eggs are gorgeous!

     
  • At Thu Apr 13, 02:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger 'Zann said…

    The eggs are beautiful, those socks are wow! Just sent you email, hadn't read your blog about your being possibly internetless. Got my giftieee. Love it!
    hugs 'n' love,
    Zann

     
  • At Fri Apr 14, 12:36:00 AM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    Internet access is hit-or-miss for the weekend. I mean, there is a computer in my room, but my husband needs it for work, and during the off-hours it's a toss-up for which of the three of us gets to play with it.. plus there are lots and lots of interesting things going on just outside our door, so I might not get around to sitting down at the computer at all if I spend all my energy socializing and having fun!!

    I'll try to keep up with everything, I'm just not going to give the internet a compelling priority level this weekend. ;)

    Hugs everyone

     
  • At Fri Apr 14, 12:43:00 AM PDT, Blogger the stripey tiger said…

    Oh the socks are just AMAZING!! An those eggs - Is Keithr going to give us all a tutorial??? :-_)

     
  • At Sat Apr 15, 12:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    He says he might just be willing to be sweet-talked into giving a tutorial....

    ...like, say.. if cookies showed up! :) ... double points for chocolate chip! ;)

    Hugs!
    --Peacock

     
  • At Sat Apr 15, 12:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger stacey said…

    Hello!

    I sent you a letter and it came back to me "return to sender" Could you email me to confirm your snail mail addy when you have a chance?

    BTW those eggs are awesome and those socks still rock :o)

     
  • At Sun Apr 16, 09:13:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, oh wow. So much beauty and color in this post, where do I start?

    The Eggs! Drop dead gorgeous! And the socks? Particularly the colorwork socks! Be still my heart!

    I could dig through your archives, but, maybe if you have the time to shoot me the info? Please? I love that pattern!!

    Just fabulous work!!

     
  • At Mon Apr 17, 10:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tammy said…

    Hi Peacock, The eggs are gorgeous.

    I was just checking the SP7 blog and was wondering if you were still avaliable to be an Angel. If so email Tammy at sp7hostesstammy at yahoo dot com.

    Thanks,
    Tammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home