Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yarn Harlot

Went to see Yarn Harlot (Stephanie Pearl McPhee) at Weaving Works (Thursday, August 4) for her book signing tour! What fun!! She's every bit as amusing in person as on her blog. Met some other knitters (hi, Rabbitch! It was great to meet you!), and had a lot of fun. Even managed to avoid buying anything new! .. oh, and got an extra copy of the book signed for my Secret Pal!



Aren't cameras lovely inventions? My favorite feature is the 3-second delay between the time you press the button and the time the camera's shutter opens. This absolutely ensures a sense of mystery and wonder in every picture taken. My other favorite feature is the auto-focus. Isn't the blond lady's hair just stunning?!

(still chuckling over the "bacon powder")

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 15, 12:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Hi, I just found you via Rabbitch's blog, and want to say hi! I was at Weaving Works, too (that's my turquoise sleeve just to the left of the blond lady's head!), and had to laugh about your comment re: digital cameras and the nasty 3 second delay. Grr. All of my photos of the Harlot during her chat were really, really uncomplimentary because of that durn lag time. Oh well, had loads of fun! Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person.

     
  • At Wed Aug 17, 03:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    I'm sure there will be future events, and I look forward to seeing you at one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home