Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2006

OrnaMental!

After much travel and long delay, my long-awaited OrnaMental giftieee arrived!! It was well worth the wait, and everything a peacock could want!



Just look at all the postal instructions plastered one atop another all over the outer envelope! What a journey this poor package took!

Inside, two wrapped pressies, and one fabulous Christmas card.

I spent all day just staring at them, wondering what was inside, while I waited for Bethieee and Keithr to get home. Opening pressies is so much more fun with an audience, don't you think? Especially when the audience also loves presents and handmade nifty things!

Inside the wrapping paper:



Two carmel filled chocolate koala bears!! (They made the journey suprisingly well!) A teeensie Australian Flag!! (Which, come to think of it, arrived just in time for Australia Day! Happy Australia Day everyone!!!)

An itsy-bitsy-cutesy Platypus!!!! Ohmigosh, how darling! I love it!!!

(The Itsy-bigsy-cutesy Platypus immediately discovered Bethieee's piggieee babies.
One can only guess what mischeviousness they're dreaming up...)



And bestest of ALL, the ornament!!! Purple and blue felt stars with purple and blue glass beads and glass bead fringe!!! SO perfect! Stripey Tiger says she wanted to use peacock-y colors. I think she got it spot-on, and I love the way it sparkles in the twinkling lights.

And look at this amazing stitch work!



"Ornamental 2005 xxx" in the tiniest little hand-stitches!
It couldn't get any better!!

I love this ornament so much!! It didn't arrive in time to spend much time on the tree, and I really don't want to tuck it away in a box for the next ten months! It's far too beautiful! So I'm hanging it from the drawer pull of my yarn-filing-cabinet where I can see it sparkle in the sunlight every day!

Thank you SO much, Stripey Tiger!! You've been fabulous!!!

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Feb 19, 06:03:00 PM PST, Blogger the stripey tiger said…

    Hey Tahlia, I know I'm a bit slow catching up after our trip away but What a lovely thanks you've given me here. Its so great to make things and have them loved by others - It really makes it worthwhile!! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home