Another Hobby Blog

Friday, January 27, 2006

SP7 Birthday Box!

When my SP7 Spoiler found out my birthday fell in mid-January, barely days after the SP7 exchange had officially begun, she sprang into action!

A box arrived on my doorstep on the morning of the 15th! Inside:



A wonderful book all about mittens! Thrummed mittens, fringed mittens, Fair-Isle mittens, children's mittens, adult's mittens, striped mittens, fingerless mittens! All the mittens you could imagine, and nifty tidbits about the cultural history of the mitten patterns. With all the mittens I've knitted this winter, the book is a perfect choice!! It's fascinating. :)

And the yarn!!! Two skeins of Lorna's Lace sock yarn in Tahoe! I love this yarn! The colorway is perfect! and with two skeins, I'm so excited about the possibilities! I could have matching socks and driving gloves, maybe! Or maybe elbow-length arm warmers! ... or maybe the center of a lace shawl- with a solid colored contrast border? So many options!!

A perfect surprise! Thank you for thinking of me on my birthday!!! You are truly wonderfully special, SP7!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home