Another Hobby Blog

Monday, May 08, 2006

Thank You, Bethieee!

My roommate, dear friend, etc, Bethieee got me a skein of Get-Well yarn, too! She brought home this treasure from the local yarn store on a day I was having an absolutely miserable time coping with my knee and feeling left out.



Debbie Bliss "Pure Silk" in a wonderful almost-purple, almost-magenta. SO soft!!

I thought a lot about what I wanted to do with it.. only one skein-- I could use it as an accent yarn.. nope. a scarf? with one skein, too thin. Just fondle the skein for awhile? tempting.

And decided on this adorable little bunny from HeartStrings Fiber Arts. (good site. I've drooled over quite a few of the patterns.)

It starts out as a six inch square, gets folded and stitched into a vaguely bunny-like shape, and then gets ears and a tail to complete it. :)

soft and small and cuddly and portable. Just the thing for pre-surgery nerves.

Thank You, Bethieee!

1 Comments:

  • At Tue May 09, 04:23:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohh ahhh... sillllk! Beautishus!

    I have a skein of silk that a friend sent me - I have yet to use. It sits there begging me to make something pretty.... but I stress over not making the exact right thing!

    When I see what the perfect pattern.... I'll know it.

    Right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home