Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tuesday Stitchers import: TAST wk 6- chevron, 7-detatched chain

I seem to have recovered from my sluggish progress last week! I added stitching to my Chevron sampler (TAST wk 6), and got a nice bit of work done on my Detached Chain sampler (TAST wk 7).

Week 6 TAST: Chevron


Week 7 TAST: Detached Chain


I've decided to start using a lot of metallic threads on my TAST samplers so that I can (hopefully) make friends with the darn stuff! .. or if not friends, at least tolerated acquaintances. I like the shine that it adds to a piece, but I really dislike the tendency it has to shred and to tangle and to abrade the fabric. Stitching with it for TAST is helping me to understand it a little better- but some of the stitches are definitely easier than others!

I didn't get much work done on my CQJP or BJP yet this month, but there is still time (I hope!) to get it done before the end of the month.

If you are interested, you can check my blog for glimpses of some of the other work I've accomplished this week.
another-hobby.blogspot

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home