Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chatter: Stray Cat update

Stray Cat spent his first day at the vet's office getting his health assessed. He got aggressive at some of the poking and prodding, so they wanted to put him under sedation so that no one (including him) would get hurt. Sedation was also the perfect time to rid him of the horrible mats in his fur, and this is how he came back after his vet visit:

He makes it pretty obvious how he feels about the situation!

He doesn't get to roam the house for now: I have a pet rabbit whose health takes priority, so the stray cat needs to be kept in quarantine for at least a couple of weeks while we get his ear mites and etc under control. I won't be able to assess his long-term potential in my household until after I find out what his stabilized health status is and whether he causes a problem for my rabbit.
In the meantime, the stray cat happily naps away the days on the heater vent.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 02, 07:32:00 AM PST, Blogger jenclair said…

    Oh, how embarrassing for him! Good luck with poodle cat and your rabbit!

     
  • At Fri Feb 03, 10:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Judy S. said…

    He looks just a tad peeved! No wonder he likes the heater. LOL Hope he doesn't burn himself! How long will it take for all that fur to regrow?

     
  • At Sun Feb 05, 10:53:00 AM PST, Blogger Lorraine said…

    I am visiting via the BJP website today and simply could not resist leaving a comment about this most definitely peeved poor little guy! Am so pleased you took him in. I know what you mean when "this wasn't in my plan". We have a stray also now! As much as he does not appear a happy camper I bet it sure feels good to have those matts gone.... My husband and I laughed so hard at this and your previous post about him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home