Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tuesday Stitchers import: life sure got away from me!

I feel like I owe you all an apology for not having posted for a couple of weeks now!

Life kinda got away from me --what with my grandmother's injury, dance obligations, a twisted ankle, and a bout of maybe-I-should-just-stay-in-bed-all-week, I am really far behind in everything. My garden is weedy and caterpillary, my laundry is piling up, my plans are all taking longer than I think they should, etc.

So I'm feeling rather accomplished to have managed a stitch or two every other day or so. I'm falling behind in that too, but at least I'm still moving forward.

I thought spring was supposed to be the season that brings an infusion of energy and strength! ... but I guess for me that usually coincides with the arrival of Rainier cherries in the grocery stores in early summer instead. We're only just now beginning to see the first batch of Rainiers, and they're still 10+ dollars per pound, so I guess it's still early in the season, really, and this June has been a two week stretch of clouds and rain, so I don't even have the sunny weather to trick me into thinking that winter has passed.

((local humor:
Where do Seattle folk spend their summer?
---Well, if it falls on a weekend, they go to the beach.))

I still need to get photographs of my CQ work, but I let not having them be a procrastination already last week, so this week I am going to just write this note now to reconfirm my devotion to all of you and to the project I'm working on, and I will follow this post with pictures, and start catching up on my read-and-response of everyone's amazing work by Wednesday.

Hugs all!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home