Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Evergreen State Fair

My mother and father came up from Los Angeles for a visit. Over the weekend we met up at the Evergreen State Fair. There was plenty to see and do, and I got my favorite once-a-year-at-the-fair foods: apples with caramel dip, and strawberry shortcake.
We spent a lot of time in the handcrafts barn in great admiration of the gorgeous quilts, shawls, needleworks and such that were there.
And we met up with fellow spinners!


One of the items on display was a fabulous chicken hat, and the person who made it let Gipsieee try it on!


When they found out that we were spinners and in the Northwest Regional Spinners Association, they invited us to come join the Spin-In the next day. We did! What fabulous fun!!
There were some absolutely stunning door prizes!

(No, they didn't come home with me.)

Mother tried her hand at spinning, and did quite well. She had a convincing length of yarn at the end of the day. Did I remember to get a picture? Sadly, no! You'll have to take my word for it.

One last picture, because it begs to be posted.
Shonnon with drop spindle (no, he didn't spin the yarn. Gipsieee did.)

"Aw man! Howcome I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home