Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Meme: google

I don't often succumb to memes...
Nonetheless, I encountered one at: Fearless Knitter (Thanks, Rox!)
and have adapted it to suit me.

I don't like risking copyright infringement, so instead of images, I have links-- Links that amused or impressed me when I googled on the following topics:

My First Car Was:
Plymoth Reliant in the most horrid shade of green with ripped up upholstery (the upholstery was so bad that the Bambi sheets I covered them with were an improvement!). Half the time it wouldn't start. I needed a screwdriver to open the glovebox. The trunk wouldn't open at all. I couldn't drive it after dark because the headlights only worked for ten to twenty minutes before shorting out. (They'd come back on after thirty minutes of cooling time with the engine off.) And no mechanic that saw the car ever figured out how to fix the problem.

If I'd had the internet then that we have now, maybe I would have known some of this...

My Dream Car (at the time) was:
Mercedes 450SL convertible (black with burgundy leather interior, if you must know...)

My Dream Car (current) is:
Dodge Viper RT-10 Roadster
It's not the handling, it's the curves.
Imagine it in a color-shift paint job!

A place from my childhood:
Lacy Park, San Marino, California.

"In order to preserve the beauty of Lacy Park and to insure [sic] the availability of the Park to residents and their guests, many different kinds of regulations have been imposed.... 1. The park is free to all on weekdays. On Saturdays and Sundays a nominal fee is charged to non-residents...."

What I remember fondly about it: the antiquated fire truck the city embedded in concrete for us kids to play on.

Where I live now:
the outskirts of Seattle, WA

Favorite Dessert:
Creme Brulee
(Good recipe!)

Favorite drink:
Milk (whole milk, raw when I can get it!)

Favorite song:
"I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden

Favorite scent:
(other than that of the people I love?) Vanilla

Favorite shoes of all time:
Figure Skates

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Sep 03, 01:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Laura said…

    mmm...I love creme brulee too, although I have to admit I've never made it!

    My uncle manages a dairy farm in GA so I'm with you on the milk thang too.

    Laura x

    btw - hope you got my e-mail from last Saturday! You've been an amazing Secret Pal. Thank you again! xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home