Another Hobby Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Felted Mittens

The day before we traveled from Los Angeles to Madison, I put the finished mittens into a washing machine and shrunk them down to size and then stitched on unfelted ribbed cuffs. Although I had knitted cuffs for my pair of mittens, I took them back off again because I decided that if it were really truly cold in Madison, I might want to wear my mittens over my leather gloves, and the cuffs made it difficult to do so.



The pattern I used is Double Cuffed Mittens from Kathleen Taylor's Knit One, Felt Two. (I made the undercuffs longer than the pattern specified.) I found the pattern well-written and easy to follow, and I am happy with the results. So is Bethieee. She clamed them all, but then loaned us each a pair so that we wouldn't freeze in Madison. Silly Bethieee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home