Another Hobby Blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

Patty's Challenge #4 -- How Do You Feel About Snow?

Do I like snow? Do I dislike snow? hmm... Well, I think that depends upon the context. Snow is an absolute necessity for downhill skiing (which I am not permitted to indulge in this season), for snow-men, snowballs, and snow forts. It's a lovely way to increase the ambient light at night in the winter-- a fresh white snowfall reflects the moon well enough that you hardly need a flashlight! It's really fun to watch a new puppy or kitten (.. or even a teenager from Los Angeles) experience snow for the first time. So I do have a bit of a fondness for snow, tucked away somewhere.

But on the other hand, snow of necessity requires cold weather, which I do not particularly care for. Snow makes the roadways hazardous. Snow creates extra chores (like shoveling sidewalks, scraping windshields, putting chains on vehicles). Snow impacts travel plans. Snow is difficult to photograph well.



See?

So I think I like snow in a way similar to that in which I like a lion-- in its own native environment, far away from me! Like, perhaps.. in Montana. (that'd be the snow, not the lion. The lion would be in Africa.)

Speaking of snow, we're expected to get another snowfall tomorrow evening and Wednesday morning. This has been one fascinating winter.

(...I'm not sure when we're expected to get our next lion.)

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Jan 09, 03:26:00 AM PST, Blogger Laura said…

    I love snow, but it never really lays here in London. That's if we even get snow this year - Today is a freakishly warm 56 degrees!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home