Another Hobby Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Socks To Keep Me Warm!

When I packed for travel, I brought two very special and treasured items: the hand-knit wool socks I had recieved from Cindy in the SET exchange, and the fingerless mitts I'd made from the sock yarn my SP6 had sent.

Y'see, when the temperature in my house drops below 70, I freeze. I start shivering. I reach for my fingerless mitts so that I can type. I grab a cardigan and a wool hat. I wrap up in a blanket. I drink warm tea. I freeze. It's pathetic, I know, but it explains the measure of trepidation I was experiencing as I realized we would be spending a full week exposed to the snowy, windy elements. In the entire time we spent there, the warmest it got was 46. It spent most of the time hovering around 29.

I wanted proof that I'd brought and worn the hand-knitted treasure I've been cooing over. I wanted pictures of my socks in the snow.

From there, I got the hair-brained idea that it would be even more fantastic if the socks and wristies were clearly visible, not hard-to-see under all the layers of coat and sweater and boots and stuff.

I'm not one to easily give up a hair-brained idea. Enjoy.






3 Comments:

  • At Tue Jan 03, 03:34:00 PM PST, Blogger Francesca said…

    Those are perhaps the wackiest, funnest, most unusual (and clearly insane) photos I have ever seen of anyone modelling woolwear in the winter. You go, girl.

     
  • At Wed Jan 04, 11:10:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, and I say that I am fearless. Hmmph!! You are the Queen of all things fearless!!! Again.... Brrrrrr!!!!

     
  • At Mon Jan 09, 01:13:00 AM PST, Blogger Paula said…

    okay, I have to say it. Brrrrrrrrrrr and this from a woman who dreams of living in the artic when a hot flash hits!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home