Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thank You, Indie!

I just got a box from Indie! Indie was my spoilee for my first SP exchange: SP5, and we've been sending email and little things back and forth ever since. :)

What a fabulous surprise has arrived this time! Indie sent a box with my name and Bethieee's! and inside were these excellent treats:



Two skeins of yarn from a local (for her!) working yarn mill! plus a brochure about the mill. If I ever get to go visit England, I will have to put a visit to the mill on the itinerary! That would be so much fun!!

Of course, each of us (Bethieee and I) tried to claim *both* the skeins of yarn as our own, but that didn't work so well. She hid them under the couch cushions, but I found them and hid them under my computer desk, but she got hold of them again.... anyway, we eventually solved the situation by agreeing to each take only one skein. Luck would have it we each got the color that we favored of the two! Bethieee took the turquoise color, and I got the sky-blue. The sky blue would look really good on me, so I am thinking of maybe making a nice warm winter scarf so it will frame my face and bring out the blue in my eyes. :) It's nice and soft, too, so it will be a pleasure to wear!

Also included were four bars of Green & Black's chocolates!! Bethieee claimed the orange-and-spice flavor because she likes ginger and anice and other spices like that more than I do. I was going to share the other three with her evenly, but instead I ate most of the 70% cacao bar today. I was feeling a little nauseous, and the chocolate bar really settled my stomach. :) and was yummy!! I'm eager to try the white chocolate -- I haven't tried Green & Black's version before, and I'm very partial to a good white chocolate! and the milk chocolate is most certainly guaranteed to be delicious. I'm quite certain they will be gone by the end of the week.

The Robin's Egg chocolates are also appreciated! and half-gone already. They're such a perfect little bite size, and they're just yummy. Bethieee's especially fond of them and was thrilled to find them in the box.

And to top it all off, a little bundle of incense sticks that makes the yarn smell fantastic! (and the chocolate smell a wee bit unusual..) I may be the only person in existence who keeps incense sticks around in my drawers as sachet.

Thank you, Indie! You're fabulous!!! Good luck finding a new flat!

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 03, 02:43:00 AM PST, Blogger Laura said…

    Glad the package arrived so quickly, and that everything was so loved! After I posted it, I did think that maybe I should have wrapped the incense... I always think of these things when it's too late!

    xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home