Another Hobby Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Knitting Olympics: Day 14 -- Swearing Reaches New Heights

You'd think, by now, with the knitting safely off the needles and all the ends woven in , there'd be nothing left to swear at.

But no! There's the final wash and blocking.

(No, I didn't felt it in the washer (Thank heavens!! What a misery that would have been!))

The washing went well (by hand with minimal agitation). Rinsing and spinning in the washing machine went fine (safely tucked into a lingerie net bag, of course!).

Pinning the critter out, however, is an entirely different story! Pinning the critter out requires KNEELING!

And remember who has an injured knee?

Guess whose knee is healed just enough to FORGET THIS FACT! OW@##!

I can now put weight on my knee. :)
But I CANNOT actually kneel. @###!OW$%!!

I can now curl my leg underneath me to sit crosslegged. :)
But I CANNOT then rock forward to reach for a pin. *&@#@OW@&*!!

I can knit a shawl in 14 days! :)
But I CANNOT BLINKING WELL BLOCK ONE!!! (&*&*#@!grumblecursemoan#!@!)

Luckily, Bethieee was willing to stay up past her bedtime to help me get the shawl pinned out to dry. :) Yay, Bethieee!

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Feb 25, 10:35:00 PM PST, Blogger the stripey tiger said…

    Well done on your olympic effort!! I thought for a while thet Bethiee was your daughter - but I was confused because she is so capable in the knitting arena and you look too young to have a grown up daughter so I've settled on roommate (or flatmate or house mate we would say in OZ). Am I right?? The shawl looks great really great! Worth all that re knitting?? :-) Stripey

     
  • At Sun Feb 26, 11:52:00 PM PST, Blogger Peacock said…

    Bethieee is my housemate/roommate/flatmate indeed. :) We took classes together a few years ago at the University and became best friends. :)

    She's not quite young enough to be my daughter, true. :) so more often than not we get asked if we're sisters.


    as for the shawl:
    Definitely worth all the re-knitting.

    I'll have to do another one sometime that I can keep for myself! This one actually goes back to the person who sent the fiber to the NWRSA fiber exchange in June.

     
  • At Sun Mar 05, 12:00:00 AM PST, Blogger the stripey tiger said…

    ahhhh - mystery solved!! Your shawl looks fantastic and thanks soo much for the origami links today!! You are a total legend (as we say in OZ when we are impressed with how good some one is at something!) :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home