Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spectrum: Yellow-Orange Sock Yarn- Out



I promised a picture of the yarn I sent out for my Yellow-Orange Spectrum Sock-Yarn swap! .. Here are pictures in skein and ball format. In person it reminds me of daffodils... in the pictures it looks much more like wheat. GabbyKnitter got my yarn over Easter weekend and has started knitting a lovely pair of socks with it! It's really neat to see the way it's turning out!



The yarn she sent to me, on the other hand, has begun reminding me less of daffodils and more of marigolds. Does anyone know a way to get that Inchworm song out of your head?



Speaking of seeing the way the yarns are turning out, I also dyed up two skeins of yarn for the two cactus-buckets story prizes. When Heidi got her yarn, she immediately started knitting with it, and turned out a fantastic hat in a weekend or less!! (Check the link-- it's amazing!) I had been worried that the colorway wasn't going to be the right one for her, but she swears she loves it (and I believe her... would YOU push aside other projects to work with a yarn color you hated?) .. and I have to admit that seeing the hat she made and how the colorway knits up makes me want to fall in love with it myself! :)



The second skein went to Laurie who, I have recently discovered, has a special fondness for Irises! This colorway is going to be perfect. :)

6 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 24, 12:13:00 AM PDT, Blogger laurie said…

    of course it's perfect :o)

    how about "this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friend..." *ducks and runs away laughing* ;o)

     
  • At Mon Apr 24, 04:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The yarns you dyed are beautiful!

     
  • At Mon Apr 24, 12:20:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the way your dyed yarn is coming out. The yellow one could be called Walking On Sunshine!

     
  • At Mon Apr 24, 12:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    (laughter) ... The song that never ends.. yah, that'd be good... or "I am Henry the Eighth I am..."

    Actually my best "meme eraser" is the "bah-na-ma-num" "do-do-di-do-do" chorus from the first episode of the Muppets.

    ..unfortunately, it's not working because every stitch I take with the lovely orange yarn makes me think of the inchworm again!! ARGH!! ;)

    two and two are four...

     
  • At Mon Apr 24, 12:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    "Walking on Sunshine!" Thats a fabulous name!!! :)

     
  • At Mon Apr 24, 04:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger the stripey tiger said…

    Wow your dyeing and your socks look great!! Such a shame you won't make the deadline with your AMAZING!!!!! Heart socks but at least you will be able to keep them for yourself now (ha) The others are very special too. You're a clever gal!! :-) Stripey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home