Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tuesday Stitchers blog import: introduction

Hi! I am an avid explorer of the Arts. If there is something that can be done with thread, yarn, or rope, I have probably tried it. In my childhood, I crocheted collars and leashes for my pets, made tasseled and beaded harnesses for my Arabian horse, made a sprang hammock, a bobbin lace bookmark, a tooled leather bookmark, and oh so much more. Sadly, few of these early projects still survive.

When I grew up, I pursued a BFA in textile arts at a school in which the focus was on weaving and dyeing. Somehow I also ended up learning to spin yarn. Ultimately, though, sewing, quilting, and embroidery keep drawing me back.

As you may have guessed by now, I am a dabbler-- few things hold my attention for very long. This means that Crazy Quilting is a perfect medium for me! It gives me just a hint of framework on which to explore any variety of approaches and techniques that catch my whim. :)

I only just heard about the CQJP project, and have not yet fully decided one way or the other whether I will commit myself to that as well. Throughout this year I am already committed to several ATC and Fabric Postcard swaps, so it could be that I focus my TAST stitching on those rather than on a full-sized CQ project... hmm... as I said, I'm still pondering.

I am excited to meet you all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home