Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tuesday Stitchers import: Tast wk 3- featherstitch

Wow. It has been quite a week for me! I spent the first half of the week locked away in my studio, stitching away like mad to get my CQJP naked blocks stitched up and ready:\

Fortunately, I finished that work on Wednesday, because on Thursday morning we lost power due to a snow-and-ice storm that took down tree limbs. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to post my update on time because there are/were a LOT of areas without power: 300,000+ homes, and the power outage might have stretched on for days. As it was, we were without power from Thursday morning to Friday night, and the power flickered back on just ten seconds before my husband got our new generator to roar to life. Ah, timing is everything.

So I'd been hoping to do a lot more embroidery this week, what with getting my wedges done on Wednesday, I thought that I'd have lots of time! ... but the power outage changed that and I ended up trying to stay warm all day on Thursday and Friday instead.

Somehow, tucked in here and there throughout the week I did manage to get some embroidery done, just not as much as I'd hoped. I started work on one of my CQJP wedges:


and I experimented with TAST wk 3: featherstitch on another postcard:


All things considered, it was a pretty productive week. :)

Added on Jan 23: detail of the "palmtree" top:


You can see from the darker purple featherstitch lines that it took me a few attempts before I figured out how to make them look like palm fronds.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home