Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, January 08, 2012

TAST wk 1: Fly Stitch



For my Fly Stitch exploration, I worked on a crazy quilt fabric postcard. I played around with varying the length of each of the three legs, and with the angles of the legs. I played a little with spacing and overlapping... and then after snapping this photo, I put it down somewhere and forgot where I put it. Argh!! I'd like to do more work on it, but I may just have to wait until it resurfaces again. I'm sure it's somewhere reasonable. I probably set it down when I went to change my laundry over and now it's buried under the socks. Or maybe I had it in my hand when the phone rang and now it's hiding behind the notepad. It'll show up when it shows up. .. or maybe the house gremlins hid it from me. That happens too, you know.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 08, 04:10:00 AM PST, Blogger MarilynP said…

    It will be where all the other things have hidden themselves. It's always a surprise when they resurface. I like the way you have explored this stitch, pretty colours, I look forward to seeing it again with another stitch.

     
  • At Sun Jan 08, 06:52:00 AM PST, Blogger New Leaf said…

    I hope you find it again, if only to pin it up to look at. I especially love the yellow fly's on turquoise, it makes a very cool border!

     
  • At Sun Jan 08, 08:53:00 AM PST, Blogger bluemuf said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Sun Jan 08, 08:55:00 AM PST, Blogger bluemuf said…

    Very nice work, I can relate to your little problem. It seems I spend far to much time hunting for things. :)

    Karen

    Sorry for the deleat,made a few typos.

     
  • At Sun Jan 08, 11:22:00 AM PST, Blogger Susan said…

    I lost mine, too! I found it attached to my bottom! LOL I'd had it on the arm of the chair, and apparently had swept it off when sitting down. I like your examples. Very nice.

     
  • At Sun Jan 08, 02:41:00 PM PST, Blogger Peacock said…

    Oh, Susan! I have done that more times than I can count! I'm just glad it didn't attach itself to your seat with a forgotten needle!

     
  • At Sun Jan 08, 08:49:00 PM PST, Blogger Judy S. said…

    Thanks so much for the daisy stitch suggestions; I'd been wondering if 3 strands instead of my normal 2 would help. Love your peacock...also the soup saga! BTW where in the PNW are you? Might we be neighbors?!?

     
  • At Tue Jan 10, 07:04:00 PM PST, Blogger Thearica said…

    Your fly stitch work is great! I didn't get started this week due to being out of town for the holidays and cannot wait to get home and start!

    I also want to take a moment to invite you over to my blog to read about a quilt show I am hosting live on my blog beginning Feb 1. The show is called Crazy Quilts Are Quilts Too. The show is designed to bring awareness to all of us crazy quilters and the work we do! There are a host of fantastic prizes to be won! Hope you will come check out the information and hopefully participate!

    www.pigtalesandquilts.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home