Another Hobby Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

TAST wk 2: Buttonhole/Blanket stitch



This week's TAST progress so far! Nothing but buttonhole stitch. Even the crosses are buttonhole stitch-- spokes radiating out from a tiny little hub. The little flower is cut from a lace trim and attached with buttonhole stitch. The little jewel is held in place by a buttonhole cup. I'll have to try to get a better detail picture of it somehow.

I've been spending most of my time stitching up my CQ blocks for the CQJP. In retrospect, I should have finished putting my blocks together in December so that I could be focusing on embroidery and embellishment these past couple of weeks instead. Ah well- live and learn.

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 13, 12:24:00 PM PST, Blogger Jane said…

    Great stitching! I love the colors,is this part of one of the tail feathers?

     
  • At Fri Jan 13, 03:10:00 PM PST, Blogger Peacock said…

    Wouldn't that be nice! :) Nope! I am still piecing those durn wedges. I am very hopeful that I might get them finished up this weekend, and then next week I can start doing the embroidery on them!! ..but family is in from out of town, so that might delay things. argh.

    Nope, this is a CQ fabric postcard, cropped so you don't see the raw edges. I'm doing 1 CQ fabric postcard per month per stitch, at least until I get my wedges finished, and then probably still afterward so that I can test the stitches before I use them on my beloved peacock!

     
  • At Sat Jan 14, 03:28:00 AM PST, Blogger FlowerLady Lorraine said…

    Wonderful stitching and I love the colors of your background.

    FlowerLady

     
  • At Sat Jan 14, 01:08:00 PM PST, Blogger Judy S. said…

    Nice! You got a lot done since I saw it last. Love the way you added sequins to the alternating fans. The beading is very pretty, too! Hope you had a nice b'day celebration!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home