Another Hobby Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tuesday Stitchers import: TAST wk 10, and CQJP March

A little behind schedule today, but happy to chirp now that I have a moment at the keys!
It's been another slow stitching week for me, or at least I feel like it has! I haven't gotten very far yet on March's cqjp block:



Just two seams. Pretty seams, sure, but pretty simple, too. I will have to get a lot more stitching time in the next two weeks if I want to keep from falling behind schedule!

I did a bit better with TAST:



I actually did quite a lot of running stitch on this postcard, but I chose very subtle threads, so a lot of the work doesn't show up well in the photograph. In real life the stitches add texture and depth to the postcard. In the photograph all that goes flat. I stitched with threads that are very close in color to the ground cloth: copper and metallic gold on the gold lame, black on the black and gold brocade, shimmery holographic silver on the silver brocade... I quite like the in-person effect, but I just can't get the photography to do it justice.
The back side shows a lot better just how much work was done:

And the holographic thread does kinda show up in the photograph in this detail pic:


I did also need to finish an ATC for an upcoming swap. The theme was "favorite flower" and I decided that my favorite flower would have to be the one that I get from my husband for Valentine's day! This year it's a red rose. I printed out a detail picture from the photographs I took of my valentine bouquet onto ready-to-print cotton fabric, and then I accented the image with simple stitches:


and an ATC for a birthday swap:


and one more line of stitching added to my TAST wk 9 (couching):


...so I guess it wasn't as non-productive as I let myself fear! ... still, I've got a lot more work to do before the end of the month, and I'm worried because I have much travelling to do over the remaining weekends, much of which I'll be driving for, so I won't be able to stitch in-transit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Oct 25, 04:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger Judy S. said…

    Hi There, Tahlia! I'm finally getting a bit caught up on blogging after being gone the first part of October. Sorry you're not in the Tuesday Stitchers anymore. Are you still stitching at Xroads? I know what you mean about being busy as it's kinda crazy here, too. Looks like you've found time to do some nice stitching though. Me, I'm still plugging away on Sue. Take care.

     
  • At Thu Oct 25, 04:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    Yep! Still at Xroads, and would love to have you come join us! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home