Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Joys of (Half-)Acrylic

The yarn that did not co-operate is Half-ACRYLIC! Misbegotten son of Technology!! Evil Artificial Yarn Substitute!!! Can you imagine shearing a plastic sheep?

It's not that I'm a complete and unrepentant yarn snob-- while it's true that I prefer natural fibers, I have room in my world-view for a good use of techno-fiber. A pinch of Angelina or Firestar in a handspun wool: Okay. A retro-reflective thread in my inkle warp: just peachy. An oh-so-festive eyelash yarn: tempting.

BUT when an ill-mannered, misbegotten, wayward Half-ACRYLIC yarn masquerades as the yarn that I'm planning my project around and manages to connive its way NOT ONLY into my shopping basket, but manages to make it through the skeining process and also THROUGH THE DYEPOT before confessing its miserable transgressions! (fumeSnortGNASH!) I have been TRICKED!

I hate acrylic.

Does anyone want a lovingly hand-dyed misbegotten evil artificial yarn substitute?

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Sep 14, 09:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger laurie said…

    *giggle* so...you're saying don't like acrylic? *ducking and running*

    seriously though...if you can't find a use for it, i've got a couple of charity projects that i knit for, and (though i'm not an acrylic fan, blends aren't too bad) i could definitely use the yarn--i'd guess there's enough there for a pair of mittens or a hat? i can reimburse you for the cost, and you could just tuck it in with the socks...let me know :-) (of course if you can find someone local who wants it, go for it)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home