Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In Brief

I haven't forgotten. I need to post. I know that.

Today I am resting, hoping that I am not getting sick. Gipsieee is sick today, as is another friend of ours with whom we spent time over the weekend. I feel less than optimal, but not quite too sick to function. Just sick enough that I'm not quite functioning Right. Can't quite concentrate or hold onto a concept long enough to do anything with it.

If I were at home, I'd be curled up in my own bed with the book I've been reading. (Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver). Instead I'm in a hotel room with some library books and a knitting project. (Thank you again, Secret Pal!! I love the sock yarn! it works up wonderfully!!) I wanted to bring my SET project, but it was bulky and I need to refigure my gauge swatch (I lost the notes I made) so I wasn't as ready to start as I thought. I am excited about getting started on it when I get back home, though!

Last weekend we went to the Renaissance Faire. It's become something of a tradition, really. Each year we try to make it down for one weekend. This year we succeeded again. :) We had a lot of fun, and I will write more about it later. The masks were a huge success!! (more on that later too)

This week we're visiting Bay Area friends. Reconnecting with people and places we don't get to see often enough.

The hotel we're staying at is kinda cute. Our room has a sliding glass door that opens out onto a huge long patio. It's on the second floor. It reminds me of an old-west saloon and rooming house.

The local library was kind enough to give me a circulating library card even though I'm out-of-state.

I found a fabric store that sells nothing but Silks. I bought too much.

They were next door to a yarn shop that had one fabulous ball of Koigu PPPM. I bought it too because my local source is completely out of all the good colors. I'm not sure what I'll do with one ball, though. Wristies, maybe?

I saw Mirror Mask. The first half was really strong. The second half not so much. Very strong visual focus. Glad I wasn't feeling nauseous at the time!

I'm feeling as fragmented and unfocussed as I sound.

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 12, 09:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bethieee said…

    Hugs, not feeling as bad as earlier, mostly tired and squishy brained..
    I got my blog back! Still not sure what was wrong with it, just happy it's up again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home