Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Link: Hurricane Katrina Relief

.........................
http://www.livejournal.com/users/archer904/28328.html?view=982952#t982952

Excerpted from the above link:
"How you can send money to Hurricane Katrina relief without spending a dime


For those of you who read me casually (or less often than that), my name is Tony Hellmann. I'm a non-fiction writer with a day job and a finished novel I'm trying to get published. I'm not rich, but I'm not poor either.

I donated $20 to the American Red Cross the day after the levees broke. I didn't feel like it was enough, and I have coworkers that feel bad because they can't afford to send $10.

I've decided to do something about it, for those that feel bad that money in their wallets is outpaced by the sympathy in their hearts.

I've decided to send a dollar to the American Red Cross for every person that leaves a comment to this entry by next Sunday. I'll also send two dollars for every literary agent or person with a published novel who leaves a comment, because you folks have fans/large readerships, and fans like to participate with the objects of their attention. To the same effect, I'll donate $10 if your last name is Nielsen-Hayden or Scalzi. :)

Mention this on your blogs, drive the comment numbers up, and donate money without spending any. I'll post a PDF of the Red Cross receipt after I donate."
....................

He's had more than 3500 responses so far, and we've still got 3 more days to generate responses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home