Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2006

How Many Knitting Projects...

...does it take to travel for one week?

Well, the Peacock packed:
1 Cotton Classic Shapely Tee (front panel is almost done, so I had to bring the whole thing)
1 Koigu Leaf Lace Shawl (not yet started--brought specifically for this trip. Had to bring all six skeins of Koigu. Not that I'm unrealistic or anything..)
1 multicolor over grey lambswool-angora fingering weight lace shawl. (cast on two days before travel. Pattern still in development.)
1 rainbow skein of fingering weight handspun (tiny skein. planning it to be a fish. not yet cast on.)
1 Trekking sock (left its completed partner at home. These socks are very specifically not going to "match." Think of them as "coordinating.")

That might actually be the full list. Or maybe I've missed something. It's hard to say.

So far I have worked on:
Shapely Tee
lambswool-angora shawl
Trekking sock

I pulled out the rainbow skein but haven't cast it on yet. (I've been doing that with it for a couple of months, actually.)

And what is the first thing I did when I got here? ..well, after sleeping, because hey--we got in at eleven and the yarn stores aren't open that late.

Yep. I bought another project.

In all fairness, it's a teensy project!! Teensy I tell you! .. I picked up a skein of Perle Cotton embroidery floss to make a patch of lace for one of my May postcards. :)

Still... when I think of all the yarn at home, I do feel a little silly.

(I don't have access to the pictures I want to post about, so I will just chatter randomly about things I'm doing from day to day until I get back home again and can post proper thank-yous, etc.)

3 Comments:

  • At Fri May 19, 05:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Heide said…

    One can never have too many projects. In my opinion there is little in life more frustrating than have idle time which could have been spent knitting.

     
  • At Fri May 19, 08:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    I thoroughly agree! .. I've even been known to have a sock handy while driving so that I can knit if I get stuck waiting for something like a train! No knitting while driving.. just while stopped.

     
  • At Wed May 24, 10:40:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi SP: You are certainly ambitious when it comes to the projects that you took with you. It kind of reminds me of the number of projects I took with me for a two week trip in Costa Rica. I was meeting my daughter and she was wanting yarn and wanting to learn how to make sock. I took an entire suitcase full of yarn. It was fun. We spent several hours a day sitting at the beach knitting. I would have been lost without it along with me. Your SP8

     

Post a Comment

<< Home