Another Hobby Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Knee Update: Consultation Tomorrow

I have my first consultation with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday afternoon.) Must remember to bring my MRI images and my paperwork with me. I must admit, I'm feeling a little bit nervous. Worried I might forget an important question or something.. or that it might suddenly hit me that things really are this bad.. or something.

In other knee news: I apparently react badly to the anti-inflamatory my doctor has been having me take for my knee. It brought the swelling down a lot, and reduced the pain a bit, but it also made me feel sedated: drowsy, fatigued, slow and shallow breathing, apathetic, depressed, confused, losing track of a train of thought mid-sentence... I stopped taking the anti-inflamatory on Friday evening and I'm feeling much better today.

For the past several weeks I've been practically unable to even get one load of laundry run through in a day. And some days were worse. I've been falling behind on all the things that I've marked as important, like putting together exchange boxes and updating my blog, and doing laundry, and cooking meals, and making Spectrum postcards, and lots and lots of other stuff.

I started taking the anti-inflamatory around March 27. My ability to follow through on plans and projects dropped dramatically within the first week, but figuring out that the side effects were significant enough to terminate the medication took me a full month and a half more--in part because I couldn't hold on to the concept long enough to follow through on the research and appointment setting.

Today I finally feel almost "awake" again. I got 5 loads of laundry run through today! :) .. and I am realizing exactly how many of my plans went on hold or got forgotten or confused or interrupted over the past month and a half. .. and looking back, realizing how severe it was, I'm truly astonished I got the Sockapaloooza socks completed and sent off only days after the deadline. (If I could have remembered to put them in a box and address the box and get someone to take the box to the post office, I could have had them sent out on the proper mailing date. Those kinds of details were truly beyond my grasp at the time.) ((Does anyone know if my sockpal has received them yet? Do they fit her? Does she like them? .. she doesn't have a blog, so I can't go check.))

I have checked almost no one's blogs in the past month, for which I do appologize. I was simply too exhausted and too far behind in everything.

I feel like I owe everyone a great big appology.. for not getting to your blogs to say "hi" and see what you've been up to... for barely ever updating my own blog.. for not getting all of the emails answered.. for not getting the Spectrum Postcards I promised made and sent... (The postcard plan is temporarily on hold, but I hope to get back to it very soon. If today's mood holds, I should be able to accomplish some of the things that have been getting dropped!) ... I'm sure I've forgotten many other things throughout the past few weeks, and again, if I have missed something that is important to you, please drop me a note at peacockschallenge at yahoo. (I confess that if you have already done so, I haven't seen it. I haven't had the energy to check my email all that often, and that site in particular got neglected.)

I also owe Mia a great big huge Thank You!!! :) She sent a get-well skein of yarn!! and it arrived in today's post! :) :) sock yarn in beautiful green-blue colorway. luscious!! I will write a special thank-you post soon. .. but possibly not until after I get back from a friend's wedding. I have to travel for it, and I have only five loads of clean laundry to choose from. (Yesterday I had zero loads to choose from, so this is a big improvement.. but also a big indicator of how underprepared I am just now.)

Hugs all! I will prioritize blog updates as follows:
1- an update on my knee
2- thank you notes (if I can get the pictures taken and cleaned up/resized)
3- Norwescon ramblings
4- other stuff... which might take a different priority space away from something mentioned earlier once I figure out what it is that I feel like I'm forgetting.

2 Comments:

  • At Tue May 16, 05:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger Heide said…

    I hope you are able to get your knee repaired soon so you can be medication and pain free. There's nothing like trading one physical problem for a plethora of nasty side effects. Take care and hugs.

     
  • At Wed May 17, 07:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said…

    Glad to hear that you're feeling better for not taking the anti-inflamatory.

    Take care and have fun at your friends wedding!

    Laura x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home