Another Hobby Blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Quick Thanks...

(better thanks to follow)

Hey, Sock Saviour! Yes, they came in! :) Yes, they FIT! :) Yes, I LOVE them! And thank you for the sock yarn and the pattern!!! I am really excited about getting them onto the needles soon. :)

Hey, SP8! Thank you for the package!!! I absolutely *adore* the lace pattern and am excited to find out whether I indeed live up to the title of "experienced" knitter! Especially when it comes to knitting an unfamiliar lace pattern in mohair! eep! ripping back will be quite a challenge, so here's hoping I don't make mistakes! ;) ... and I absolutely ADORE the purple alpaca!! I am thinking maybe a scarf for winter? hmmm... right now just dreaming and cuddling the yarn. And thank you *SO* much for your get-well cards and your e-mails.. they help. they really do.

Hey, Sock-yarn-swap partner! The blue yarn arrived two days ago (? .. I'm having trouble keeping track of time these days. I'm really behind on a lot of things lately.) I love it! It's such a cheery bright blue color, and it still smells like KoolAid! I have to keep it up off the floor or the dog carries it off and slobbers on it. And the posters!! oh wow are the posters awesome! Thank you!!!

...and that's about as much cheeriness as I can maintain right now. I'm in a slump, and I am trying hard to just keep dealing with what comes.

If there is anyone else who has sent me things since...well, since February, maybe, but definitely since Easter... if I've forgotten you, please let me know so I can get a proper thank you out.

I'm sorry for the long silence. .. but believe me, it's probably better than hearing me talk right now. I'll be back when I can be positive again.

hugs
Peacock

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Jul 04, 03:05:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good job on the positive outlook. I am serious just in the event that you thought otherwise. You did a great job! I loved that purple yarn also and I am going to make socks with mine. I think that yarn will feel so yummy on my feet. Of course I have to make them first and I have yarn from two prior pals that I have to finish first. Have a great 4th. We are going to the lake to watch the fireworks. Hugs, SP8

     
  • At Wed Jul 05, 05:28:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear they arrived safe and sound. Thought I might have to beat my mailboy!

    Hope all is well and life takes an upswing!

    Jennifer, Sock Saviour

     
  • At Thu Jul 06, 07:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Heide said…

    Dear Peacock,
    Glad to hear that you're still there. Sorry things have got you feeling down and blue. I check your blog daily... out of concern, not out of expectations (don't want to add pressure to you). Hope your 4th of July was happily uneventful and relaxing. Can't wait to see what you create with all of the wonderful goodies you've received. Hugs back at ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home