Another Hobby Blog

Friday, January 26, 2007

Oops! Time Passes!

Sorry about that! I got a little distracted around here by some things that needed taking care of, and I didn't realize how much time I'd let slip by.

Let me just say that I have the *very* best Secret Pal! In fact, I've been pretty lucky and have had the very best Secret Pals (plural) all along! both recipients and spoilers have been just wonderful, and I am very glad I've met you all!! :)

But it's SP9 now, so I get to focus on my very best SP9 spoiler! She came all the way out of state to visit ME for my birthday!! ;) and she even brought me some reveal gifties!! (I still need to take pictures.) The chocolate coated macadamia nuts didn't last long! Neither did the chocolate coated Kona coffee beans. (catching a hint here?) .. She also brought for me a wonderful book called Arctic Lace which I am just dying to read! There are a lot of neat factoids about musk ox and arctic cultures in the book as well as some lovely lace patterns.

Actually, she was going to be in the area anyway, since her husband was attending a conference, but isn't is the COOLEST thing ever that she made time during her vacation to go on a yarn crawl with me? Super cool! We had a *lot* of fun! at least, I know for sure that I had fun, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't suffering. :)

It was all made a little more difficult by all the black ice on the roads, and if it hadn't been such a special visit, I wouldn't have wanted to drive at all!

We visited Churchmouse Tea and Yarns on Bainbridge Island, Full Circle Yarns, Acorn Street, and Weaving Works in Seattle, and even a brief stop at So Much Yarn in downtown Seattle, but parking was scarce, and I didn't want to walk far in the cold and the slipperiness (The cold still makes my knee stiff and swell up and hurt.), so I idled the car while Carrie slipped in for a quick look.

At Weaving Works we got a special treat! Apparently, they have a special Birthday Week discount! (I think I knew this, but I hadn't remembered. Carrie saw the sign and saved us a bundle!) And while we were there, she picked up another birthday gift for me!! Sweet! It's a book called Naughty Knits and it's full of patterns for things you just wouldn't find in grandmother's knitting books. Things like a felted corselet!

We talked about knitting and spinning and all sorts of fiber crafts and about Hawaii (which I have desperately wanted to re-visit ever since I was taken there once by my family when I was about 6 years old) .. yep, she's living in Hawaii right now! I am so envious!!! (I'm not sure I'm *really* envious, because when I think about moving there I realize there is a *lot* of my stuff I wouldn't be able to bring with, and then there isn't much of a yarn or fiber supply on the islands.. so I guess maybe I'll resist the siren's call and stay put on the mainland after all.)

Anyway, I had a wonderful time getting to meet my SP9 spoiler, Carrie! What a fabulous way to reveal!! :)

...but I still haven't found her blog. hmpf.

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Jan 27, 06:13:00 AM PST, Blogger Paula said…

    That is exciting that you got to meet your secret pal in person!
    By the way the Arctic Lace book is fantastic!!!

     
  • At Tue Jan 30, 10:01:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll send you an email with her blog!

    Patty

     
  • At Wed Jan 31, 05:59:00 PM PST, Blogger Carrie said…

    We had a great time meeting you and Keithr too! Thanks for the yarn crawl and great Seattle snacking. And you will always be the one who taught us spinning! I can't thank you enough for that...
    I'm glad you got to peruse my blog and I did find the other book on Amazon so that will be winging it's way to you soon.
    I will have some Hana tips for you at the end of Feb since I planned a little weekend trip for Brian's bday (shhh it's a secret)..
    I actually thought to come here because I realized tomorrow is First Thursday and you and Keithr might be able to make it to EMP or SciFi for free if the weather's not too bad. I'd say to check their websites or call first though since sometimes they change things...
    TTYL
    Carrie

     
  • At Thu Mar 01, 08:39:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I’m in the process of doing some massive ring maintenance for the FiberArts Bloggers ring and I am contacting you because there’s a problem you may have noticed with your code. I will go ahead and e-mail you the basic ring code now, but if you don’t get it please let me know.
    Also, your blog is in the queue at the moment, as it's been more than a month since you've posted. That's nothing personal, and as soon as you've put up another post--even a quick one just to let us know you're there--I'll be happy to move you back to the ring. :)
    Once you have your code fixed up, and/or have posted, if you want to send me a note I’d appreciate it, so I can check it out/move you back into the ring. Thanks!
    Joni
    joniknitsATgmailDOTcom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home