Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Knee Update: I've Started Dancing Again.

... not that it's easy, or comfortable, but at least I can do a little of it again.

and I've been back to the ice rink. I get to do even less there-- five minutes gliding around the rink followed by five minutes resting. Nothing fancy, nothing impressive, hardly even exercize. .. but at least it's movement, and I can hope that some day it will come easy again. For now it hurts and it's exhausting. .. and even the return to the rink is bittersweet. The first time was especially difficult, as it hit me as quick and as painful as being run over by a speeding semi truck that the last time I skated, Beth was still my friend. .. or rather, I believed she was. Now she's not.

And like the missing sock, that friendship is gone for good.

In fact, the sock seems to have far more likelihood of returning.

ah well. One adapts to the things that don't heal.

hugs all.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed May 16, 06:27:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to hear that you are dancing and skating again.

     
  • At Thu May 17, 05:06:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent news about your knee. I'm not sure when the next Winter Olympics are, but it should give you something to ainm for!!! We won our first Gold medal when all the other speed skaters fell over. Now "Doing a Bradbury" has entered the vernacular and we say it when something good happens without you even trying!! When I skated I could only stop by running into a wall!!

     
  • At Sat May 19, 01:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Paula said…

    That is wonderful news about your knee!

    I just messed up my knee last week and shifted the knee cap plus damaged something else in it.
    It is very painful and is making crinching noises when I bend it.
    I have to go for an MRI on Tuesday.

    by the way see my blog-
    I tagged you for a meme

     
  • At Tue May 22, 09:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger Paula said…

    LOL Speaking of knees I put something up on my blog that you will appriciate! ;)

    Also I just got the most wonderful package from yyou today! I absolutely LOVE everything in the box!!!! I am posting all about it on Thurday when I can take my time and throughly enjoy each item.
    (although the candy may not make it until then. Such good chocolates!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home