Another Hobby Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Secret Pal 6 - Box 2 !

Last Thursday I stayed home with a bit of a flu. The flu itself didn't hit me too hard, but it did put a real dent in the plans that I'd had for the day. I was supposed to be going out for the day with Gipsieee. We'd even put the dog into daycare so we didn't have to worry about him. And then I got sick. (pout!)

So I'm moping and feeling sorry for myself for half the day.

Until the doorbell rings and I discover that the UPS man has brought me a box! From my Secret Pal!! She's taken the idea of anonymity to the extreme: so far there is no return address, no e-mail, no way that I can initiate contact with her! (It's almost enough to make me want to track her down just to prove that I can! ..but no, my manners are better than that. :) )

So I wait for Gipsieee to get home before I open it. I spend the day wondering what could possibly be inside. And when I do finally open it, WOW! October is breast cancer awareness month, and everything inside the box is bca pink! Everything!! Even the shredded paper she used to cusion it all! It's a veritable treasure trove of abundance! I can't wait to get out my digicam and put up a thank-you note!! (which is this, here, of course.)

* *

I may well have the most fabulous and thoughtful secret pal ever!
Thank You Secret Pal!!

(ps. I also got your card and a third box! ..but I've run out of time to post about that tonight. Thank you! Hugs!!)

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 09, 07:46:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad that you liked your gift. I feel like a bad secret pal since I have not left comment as I would usually do.

    Please understand that you are in my toughts all the time. I just have spread myself so thin these last few months. But it is all going to change. I have to change. I am gone 10 hours a day and then I come home and sleep. I finially am forcing myself to knit.

    But enough of my whining... ok... alittle about me. I am a daughter, sister, mother, stepmother, step/stepmother, best friend. Between my boyfriend (we refer to each other as husband and wife and so do our kids) we have 8 kids, 4 boys and 4 girls. We have 6.33 grand kids. I would love to say we get to see them all the time but the few that we do see we spend a lot of time with spoiling them. I learned to knit in January of this year but have crocheted since I was about 7 - which would be like 32 years ago. I live in an area that is concidered Okie Ville but I am not in Oklahoma. I am about 2 hours from the Pacific Ocean. The reason that I sent you the package of PINK is because that month means alot to me since my mother is a survivor, my sister-in-law is a survivor and several of my friends are survivors. Another way of me unusual ness is to remind every woman that I know to think PINK. I enjoyed gathering up pink items for you. I am so glad that you enjoyed them.

    As for more about me... Well... more to come when I ship off this package that I am puting together. You will just have to wait.

    Oh! ya another thing about me. I am the one that can never keep a secret. Just ask my brothers and sisters and kids and parents... I could never do this. But for what ever reason I am able to do this for Secret Pal! LOL

    Glad you liked it all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home