Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Socks AND Wristies!

Remember last post?

The one in which I happily showed off the socks I finished from the lovely Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn I received from my oh-so-fabulous Secret Pal 6?

(no name yet.. I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the reveal! and for the maybe one more package I've heard a rumor about.. (giggle!) .. nope, not in the mailbox yet! (grin) I'm so excited, it's almost like Christmas!... oh, wait, it IS almost like Christmas... (giggle) well anyway, my Secret Pal 6 hinted that there MIGHT be one more box coming my way, and I'm checking the mail box every day, just in case... ... ... Gipsieee got brownies from Mia, and boy were THEY good!! yumyumYUMallgone!... (singsong voice: Imightgetapresent! Imightgetapresent!) ... in fact, I might be getting something soon from my OrnaMental exchange person too! Whee!!! and I just recently got those fabulous socks from Cindy I posted about and.... It's almost like Christmas!! (giggle))

anyway, Oops! sorry for the silly digression.

What I was beginning to say was:
Remember the previous post where I shared the fabulous socks from the yarn my SP6 sent and I had some left over and was wondering whether I could get wristies from it too?

If you've read the title of This post, you probably already know the surprise answer: I DID get wristies too!! not just little short wristies, but fingerless mitt wristies!




I'm very very happy with them and I even have a little bit of yarn left over for future mending (if it doesn't end up in Gipsieee's hands first!)

The socks have already been through the wash once (cold wash, flat dry) and they came out even softer than they went in, and just as lovely! The colors muted and lightened just a touch (which is really only noticeable alongside the wristies which haven't yet been through the wash) which means that I've been gently reminded to always do the first wash by themselves, by hand so that there's no risk of color-bleed onto anything else! In this case, that wasn't an issue--nothing else in the wash was affected.

So thank you again, SP6, whomever you are!! I am very much looking forward to your reveal! >>Hugs!!<<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home