Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Knitting Progress: SP6 Socks

In early October, we travelled down to the Northern California Renaissance Faire (more on that later, I swear I haven't forgotten!) and to spend some time visiting with old friends.

Since travel by airplane means limited luggage, I decided that I should bring with me a knitting project that would fit in my carry-on bag and would not crowd fellow travellers when I brought it out to knit on the airplane. (Fortunately for me, neither the passenger nor the flight attendant who caused such grief to Yarn Harlot was on the flight.)

Sadly, this ultimately came down to leaving my SET sock project at home, and bringing with me the ball of sock yarn that my Secret Pal sent in Box 1.

I must admit it was not all smooth sailing. I worked that short-row heel at least ten times! but perserverence pays off. Here is the progress so far:



I still need to Kitchner the toe, and then I need to duplicate the whole process for it's mate. Wish me luck!

As for the yarn (Cherry Tree Hill), I love it! It works up soft and is smooth in the hands. The colorway thrills me even more in the finished sock than it did in the skein! I can hardly wait to finish the second sock so that I can wear them!!

But first, I will need to make some serious progress on my SET socks! They are supposed to be completed 5 days from now, and there is seriously very little chance that will happen, but I must do my level best because the person I am knitting for is a very very dear lady who deserves a decent pair of socks before winter sets in!

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 09, 08:01:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn also. From one Yarn Harlot to another.

    Glad it is working out for you.

    *****
    Your Secret Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home