Another Hobby Blog

Monday, March 27, 2006

Knee Injury: Update

To everyone who has been brave and kind enough to be my "mother hen" and ask/nudge/urge/insist I go get a doctor's checkup...

Thank you.

It's been 7 weeks almost exactly since I injured my knee on the ski slopes. When it happened I'd expected a reasonably "full" recovery (no interruption to basic daily activities, mild to moderate resumption of athletic activities) in 6 to 8 weeks. At this point, it's just not feeling right. It still impedes more than it should, and it still has bursts of unexpected pain.

So today I had a doctor's checkup.

The doctor is also concerned and is setting up an MRI to determine what is wrong and how bad it is.

Until then... thank you to everyone who has been asking about my knee's recovery and who has suggested I get it looked at and re-assessed. You've given a sense of normality to needing to ask for help. For that I can't thank you enough. :)

Hugs to all my Mother Hens!
--Peacock

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 27, 09:55:00 PM PST, Blogger laurie said…

    glad to hear you finally went and will keep fingers crossed for positive results...at least i wasn't the only one ;o)

    *cluck cluck*
    hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home