Another Hobby Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2006

SP8, Thank You!!

Today has been a better day than most, lately. Last night a friend spent some time with me and gave me some support that I *very* much have needed. I cannot thank him enough.

Today I have been in a fog: dealing with the upwellings of emotion that occur when things that have been stopped up of necessity become suddenly freed because someone has given a safe space and comfort and a willingness to be there when needed and for as long as it takes.

I have had many people offer support throughout the past five months. Some of the support aided dramatically, some just barely kept me going. All of it was important, even (perhaps especially) the things that I had no idea were being done. I do not want anyone thinking gave and offered was not treasured.

But yesterday I had a friend give not just the best he could manage, but *exactly* the support that I need in the format I can comprehend. Having had his support yesterday... full support: a shoulder to cry on, shaking off anything horrid I could say, hugs, giving recognition, hearing me, Understanding me (capital U understand), believing me, offering encouragement and reassurance... and knowing that, if I need to, I can call him for that support again, I have found myself flooded with all the emotions that I had worked through over the past weeks and months all over again. ... but this time with the reassurance that I am not going through it alone this time.

It's been a rough day, and I've been moving at half speed. but it's also been a productive day both emotionally and environmentally. I got my kitchen clean, for instance. ;)

When Keith came home, he brought the day's mail with him. To my unbounded joy and surprise, there was a box from my SP8!! She'd said one had been sent and that it should arrive by the weekend, but in all the inner turmoil, I'd forgotten!! What a wonderful happy moment! What a fabulous reward for all the work I put in today. :)

I'm busy this weekend, but when I get back to the computer next week (and provided that I do not get swept down by despair again), I plan to post pictures of the absolutely fabulous contents of the box. (And of the wonderful blue sock yarn that came in from my Spectrum Sock Yarn Swap partner!! Wait til you see what came with the yarn! ohmigosh! It's fabulous!!) ((and of all the pictures I've been promising, for that matter... It might take a few days to complete the task, now that I think about it...)

hugs
--Peacock

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Jul 18, 02:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said…

    I haven't checked in here since shortly after the knee injury was properly diagnosed - it looks like things have been craptastic. :( Hoping they get brighter soon.

    I can't find an email link for you anywhere; will you follow the trail to my blogger profile and email me? (Sorry to be difficult; I've stopped being promiscuous with my addy, in an attempt to curb the spam tide.)

    I know you you just said you're in an email-reading, rather than an email-writing sorta place, but I can't think of how else to get in touch.

    Sarah (six degrees - let's see... contra dancing, Norwescon, Adam's mother - does that identify me?)

     
  • At Wed Jul 19, 07:27:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peacock: Glad you have enjoyed your package. I was hoping that it might just brighten your day. I know when I get a package from my SP it is so exciting. Love & Hugs, SP8

     

Post a Comment

<< Home