Another Hobby Blog

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Broken Spindle: Mostly Okay



The join slipped somewhere in the mending process, and now it's offset and jagged. It'll function okay, especially if I put a wrap around the joint so that the jagged edges don't catch on fine yarn. But it will never be as balanced or as beautiful as it was.

It makes a good self-portrait piece these days.

(If the join hadn't slipped, it would have been almost as good as new. Click here for details on the repair process)

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 02, 10:16:00 PM PDT, Blogger 'Zann said…

    OOOh, SO glad to see so many posts to catch up on (I've been too busy dealing with Molly's college stuff to do much else). The beautiful dyed fiber a treat to see, a bunny, roses, balloons!
    I will mark the 17th on my calendar and be thinking of you.
    love, peace,
    'zann

     
  • At Sun Aug 06, 09:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger Heide said…

    I'm glad the spindle was repairable, even if it isn't back to 100% of it's former glory. Hope your trip to Portland was enjoyable. My husband just took a job down there and so I'm trying to pack up and prepare our house in Spanaway for selling. Portland is a fun city (I love using the MAX), but we'll probably live just north of Vancouver. I want a little bit of property and WA is less expensive for living. Your husband was very sweet with the homecoming balloons. I'm personally still "stinging" from a long term friendship that was ended quite abruptly. It's particularly hard because I don't have lots of close friends. Anyway, cyber hugs and good luck to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home