Another Hobby Blog

Monday, August 14, 2006

Knee Injury: Update-Surgery on Thursday

That's right, I have only two more days to try to get things done before I go in for knee surgery on Thursday (August 17th).

I wanted to post a Self-Portrait Tuesday picture last week: a picture taken out the window of the car driving at freeway speeds so it would be all blurry and hard to figure out. That's been my life for the most recent couple of weeks, which explains why I (still) haven't been posting. I must admit, I'm really looking forward to the recovery weeks (except for the pain) when I can relax and take it easy and knit from the wonderful stash of Get Well yarns (that I still need to write thank you notes for!) and write blog posts (like get-well-yarn thank you posts, SP exchange thank you posts, Sockapaloooza thank you post! Norwescon review post, etc, etc, etc!) and read library books (I am *so* glad I bought my alumni membership! University libraries rock.)

Tomorrow I have more errands to run. Wednesday I have stuff to do around the house. Thursday I spend all day at the hospital (but I should be sleeping at home that night), Friday I find out whether post-surgery pain really *is* more intense than the original injury (oh, I hope not...)... after that, I'm not really sure. I'll write as soon as I can.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 16, 02:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bethieee said…

    Best wishes and a speedy recovery..

     
  • At Wed Aug 16, 04:50:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peacock: I will be thinking about you tomorrow and I am sure that the surgery will go very well and you will be home recovering on Friday. I am sure you will have a few days of lots of hurt, but it will get easier as each day goes by. I really wish you the very best and hope you are smiling and happy very soon. SP8

     
  • At Wed Aug 16, 09:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    Thank you. :)
    I'm not really ready. But I'm out of time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home