Another Hobby Blog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

OMG!!! I Forgot the Very Best Part!!!

(...again with the superlatives...)

There was a fabulous tin sock-needle DPN holder for works-in-progress!! Hand-made by skilled craftsmen using historical techniques, tools, and pattern!

This was such a fabulous treat to find in my box that I swept it up promptly and put it into my project bag with my surgeon's socks! (for which I need to find more yarn before I turn the second heel.. must go on a search today for match or complement)

And then I was trying to say thank-you from my already-shrunk-to-blog-size photo, and I just plain missed seeing it, and it was no longer in the original box, so when I did an inventory I didn't catch the oops!

Here it is, in all its own glory! :)



Oh! and it turns out that my gingerbread was actually banana-walnut bread!! (much to my surprise and happiness when I bit into it!) Maybe my nose was lying? .. or maybe there is ginger in the recipe? either way, it's *yummy*! I had a second piece just now for breakfast! yummers!!

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 07, 04:07:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What lovely presents!! Isn't it funny when you think a food is one thing and then it's another?? My taste buds like to be prepared!!!

     
  • At Wed Nov 08, 03:13:00 PM PST, Blogger Peacock said…

    Most definitely!! .. like when I accidentally grab the wrong glass and get a mouthful of my husband's root beer instead of my own iced tea! EWWW!! .. or worse, lemonade instead of milk! (shudder)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home