Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy November, Everyone!

(...since I didn't wish everyone a happy Halloween! -- too busy with costume details and last-minute swap obligations!)

So.. Halloween was yesterday, and it happens to be one of my favorite holidays. (Because I like playing dress-up! as a fiber artist with a strong background in costuming and fashion, how could I resist?)

My ideas are always more ornate than I can carry out in the time available, but I am pretty happy with this year's results:



I had intended to be an injured fairy with a splint on my knee and some stitched-up wings .. I got the fairy costume finished, but didn't get the scratches and tears for the injury part. ah well.

(The fairy boots were surprisingly comfortable, by the way! .. no rain, so I didn't get a chance to find out how weather-repellant they were, but they were warm enough, and the caulking (silicone-rubber) on the soles gave some cushioning on the sidewalks, and some traction on the smooth floors. I had been worried the caulked soles would abrade quickly on the concrete, but they held up nicely (for the half-a-block walk, anyway!)

We didn't quite decide what Keithr was going to be... (the vampire fangs didn't work right), but he looks quite dashing, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home