Another Hobby Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Knee Update: I'm Getting Along...

lots of pain this week.. I guess I overdid it a bit last week. (sigh) ... overdoing it involves: driving to Corvalis, Oregon (driving in two segments; an overnight stop in Portland, OR), walking for fifteen minutes on uneven ground (Shrewsbury Fair (a Renaissance faire)) (I didn't even get to see all of the vendors... I stopped to look at three booths, and wandered past no more than a quarter of the vendors present. (sigh) .. but I did get to demonstrate spinning for two days! :) .. the second day of which I spent laying on my back with my knee up on a chair and packed in ice) Drop spindles are much easier to use when you get to sit upright, y'know?


(which reminds me.. I got my RF socks finished on time! :)

Overdoing it also involves: having a careless waiter trip over my foot (I spent that dinner with my knee packed in ice), the drive back home (stayed overnight in Portland on the return trip as well), and several days of taking photographs (which involves being up on my feet too much, climbing stairs, stepping across uneven ground, shifting my balance, trying to get the right viewpoint...) and one misstep that would have been really awful except that I was wearing my brace as required, so I just got hurt, not injured.

This week I promised my knee a rest--which means a lot more ice, and keeping my knee above my heart at least half the day (which makes getting computer time a significant challenge).

Anyway.. I'm in pain this week, which I suppose isn't surprising, because I am also starting to get up on my feet and walk a bit more.
.. .. ..

but it explains why you haven't heard from me lately. (sigh)

hugs all.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Sep 20, 12:32:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that you looking completely Renaissanced out?? It's that horrible time when you are not quite better but getting there, very horrid!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

     
  • At Thu Sep 21, 07:17:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lacy Zigzag said…

    Peacock: You have to rest.....YOu are going to all of these events and remember to take it slow. You don't want to cause any harm to what the surgery has done. Let it heal and slowly get involved in your activities. Yada yada yada. I know easier said than done. Sure hope you are feeling better soon. It's great that you want to participate in all of these activities, but your knee wants to move slowly. :-)

     
  • At Sat Sep 23, 03:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Paula said…

    LOL, you are just like my husband not even surgery will keep him from an event! Great garb and tent by the way!
    Well they scrapped the back of the patella and took out some bone chips and fragments that were floating around and rebuilt his knee yesterday. He is crashed out with the big ice pack on his knee and zonked out on pain meds.
    I hope you are feeling better soon! It is almost time for ornament making! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home