Another Hobby Blog

Friday, October 06, 2006

August Spectrum Sock Yarn!

But the sock yarn for August (I got re-enrolled just in time!) is stunning!



It even came with it's own matching drawstring bag! (the polar fleece blanket backdrop is my own.) The colorway is "Leopard" (if I'm remembering right), and it is *perfect!* .. the colors remind me of the couple of weeks I got to spend in Tanzania a couple of years ago! We saw a jaguar, several lions, some cheetah, endless Serengetti plains grasses, wildebeeste, dik-diks, zebra, elephants... and the colorway of this sock yarn captures that color palette perfectly! .. As I'm knitting the socks that are currently on my needles (the surgeon's socks, and my stripy Trekking Flash-feathers), I am dreaming up the socks that will be made from this fabulous August colorway!

My August swap partner was Penny, and I think she did the most amazing job! don't you?

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Oct 08, 07:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lacy Zigzag said…

    Ohhhhhhh, I love the yarn!!! Please send me the name of it and color name so I can look for it. PLEASE!!!! Don't I sound pathetic?

     
  • At Sun Oct 08, 01:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger Peacock said…

    Penny Lane was my partner for the August swap, and it just so happens that she has an Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=36193

    This was a skein of yarn she dyed up for me, and she called it "Leopard Print" .. she might be willing to dye up some more if she finds out how excited you are about it! ;)

     
  • At Mon Oct 09, 08:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Penny said…

    I'm so glad you like it! I liked it so much, I dyed up some more for myself, but haven't cast on yet. For anyone interested, I do plan to dye some for my Etsy shop, send me an email if you are interested. plkrout at yahoo dot com.

    I'm glad your knee is coming along well! My dad is having one of his knees replaced at the end of this month, and if that goes well, he'll do the other one when he recovers from the first.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home