Another Hobby Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Really Hate....

...that Blogger changed their sign-on protocol. ARGH!

But I finally remembered my password! Ha!!

It's been a busy summer. BSG (Black Sheep Gathering), NWRSA conference in Idaho, Merry Greenwood Players Renaissance Fair, Gig Harbor Renaissance Fair, a visit from my parents, the various fairs (Evergreen State Fair opens on Thursday, runs through Labor Day. I had a shawl that I was working on almost non-stop so that I could enter it!)

I've misplaced my digi-cam cable, so even though I've been taking photographs, I haven't figured out how to get them onto my computer to share with you. .. and my primary computer is losing its hard-drive, so I'm trying to figure out how to salvage what I can before it dies beyond all hope.

Update on my knee: It's doing *much* better! This week, for the first time since the injury, I actually had a 2-hour timespan during normal activity in which I didn't think about my knee! Didn't get distracted by pain, didn't think about how to shift my weight properly. It's a *huge* difference. And this week it rained and my pain level didn't spike! (also for the first time since the injury) Maybe I'm actually going to get better after all!

Tonight: dance class. Tango and waltz and foxtrot still hurt my knee too much to attempt, but I get along alright with rhumba and swing and cha-cha (shorter steps), so we're learning Latin-style right now, and saving the smooth dances for later. I miss doing contra dance but for now it's still too risky. Ice skating is still a challenge-- I take it slow, wear the brace, take Advil before and ice pack it afterward. Perhaps I'll be able to skate in the winter exhibition, though. That would be nice.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 23, 03:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said…

    Hi! Glad your knee is doing well and you're able to do more of the things you love.

    L x

     
  • At Fri Aug 24, 04:36:00 AM PDT, Blogger Paula said…

    Oh I am glad you are feeling better!
    I missed you.

    The Ren Fairs sound so much fun.
    We have been so busy that we only were able to attend our usual 'Old English Faire'/camping trip with our sca buddies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home